24 August 2012

Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble, A great read for the heart!

Welcome to Hope Beach. A place of intoxicating beauty . . . where trouble hits with the force of a hurricane.
Inheriting a beautiful old hotel on the Outer Banks could be a dream come true for Libby. The inn cries out for her restorer’s talent and love of history. She’s delighted to learn of the family she never knew she had. And the handsome Coast Guard lieutenant she’s met there on the island could definitely be the man of her dreams.
But Libby soon realizes that the only way she can afford the upkeep on the inn is to sell it to developers who are stalking the island. The father who willed her the inn has died before she could meet him, and her newfound brother and sister are convinced she’s there to steal their birthright. Worst of all, her best friend and business partner has been kidnapped before her eyes, and Libby’s under suspicion for the crime.
Libby’s dream come true is becoming a nightmare. Her only option is to find her friend and prove her innocence, or lose everything on the shores of Hope Island.
 

About the Author:

RITA-finalist Colleen Coble is the author of several bestselling romantic suspense series, including the Mercy Falls, Lonestar, and Rock Harbor series. She lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana
 
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (July 17, 2012)

BUY IT HERE!



MY TAKE: 

This is my second novel I've read from Colleen Coble and I look forward to reading the rest of the Hope Beach series when they come out. Tidewater Inn attracted my attention because of its setting, it sounded to beautiful and serene to pass up and when you toss in a suspense filled plot I'm a very happy reader! The odd thing about me is that I'm not a big romantic novel fan and there is some romance tossed within the storyline but it didn't turn me away. I was into this novel for the sheer excitement of all the stressful, unforeseen events Libby encountered! One thing I love about Colleen Coble's books are the characters...she "paints" an accurate enough picture of them with words that you can actually imagine them and between Libby, Nicole, Vanessa, Brent and Aunt Pearl I'm sure you could relate to one of them pretty quickly. Another thing that can turn me off is when a topic is pushed on you heavily instead of letting you accept it as you want too. Tidewater Inn is a "fiction/christian/romance" novel and none of the topics are shoved at you or put on to heavily so even if you think a "christian" book isn't for you, you may want to try this one. The is a deeper meaning to the story than what most people see but it leaves you with a sense of peace, patience and love. BUT as I said I am not normally a sappy person so my favorite things about this novel were.....the kidnapping, the mystery and suspense of meeting family you never knew, the excitement (and hardship) of inheriting a beautiful old hotel on the beach and the "weather" Libby encountered during these trials! I will warn you ahead of time though the ending will come up on you quickly so don't say I didn't tell you so! I really enjoyed Tidewater Inn and look forward to the 2nd in the series, Rosemary Cottage coming out in July 2013. I would rate this book a 4/5 and would love to hear you feedback on it as well! :) happy reading!

Disclaimer: This post was written for the sponsor who provided the complimentay product for review in exchange for my honest opinions.
 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the terrific review!

    ReplyDelete