20 August 2012

Robert Whitlow's "The Choice", a must read!!



One young woman. Two very different roads. The choice will change everything.
Even as a pregnant, unwed teen in 1974, Sandy Lincoln wanted to do the right thing. But when an ageless woman approached her in a convenience store with a mysterious prophecy and a warning, doing the right thing became even more unclear. She made the best choice she could . . . and has lived with the consequences.
More than thirty years later, a pregnant teen has come into her life, and Sandy’s long-ago decision has come back to haunt her. The stakes rise quickly, leaving Sandy with split seconds to choose once more. But will her choice decision bring life . . . or death?



Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (August 7, 2012)
Language: English

About the Author:  
  Robert Whitlow is the best-selling author of legal novels set in the South and winner of the prestigious Christy Award for Contemporary Fiction. A Furman University graduate, Whitlow received his J.D. with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law where he served on the staff of the Georgia Law Review. A practicing attorney, Whitlow and his wife, Kathy, have four children. They make their home in North Carolina.

For more about Robert click
here


My Take:

I am not a fan of reading mushy love stories BUT a story of a mother's love is different. Teen pregnancy has a place close to my heart because like the main character in this story I to had many choices to make when I became pregnant in High School. The other characters also pulled me in....Sandy's parents, her friends and even her babies father were real enough that I could "depict them in my mind" while I was reading. The book is split into two parts......Part 1 is what gets you to the actual main events that will happen in Part 2. For me Part 1 was hard, I actually forgot that a man wrote this because the exact feelings Sandy Lincoln talked so much about after discovering her pregnancy was exact to what I remember feeling. Being lost and feeling all alone with everyone judging you before they even know your story but yet having this amazing love for the life thats growing inside you. That life can be where you find the strength you need to get through all the pain of the bad days. I will not say much about part 2 because by the time you get done with part 1 you will be so into the story that you won't be able to put it down. BUT part 2 is where the pieces of the puzzle will start to fall together and I had no idea it was going to end the way it did....I was expecting something completely different but I enjoyed it none the less. I must again applaud Mr. Whitlow for writing such a great book, I still swear a woman wrote it though because Sandy and her feelings were so real and believable that I would never think a man could be the one behind the words. The joy, the pain, the choices and the consequences were strong enough for me to feel. This novel also shows how the choices we make can resonate through out the rest of our lives which is something I think we all can relate to. I recommend this book for any mother or woman as a must read! I also think teens would benefit from reading it......seeing Sandy Lincoln as a popular high school student succumb to teen pregnancy in a very real situation may be enough for some girls to realize that it does happen and you cannot avoid pregnancy just because you think it won't happen to you. If I could rate this book it would be a 5/5 and that doesn't happen often for me!! :) You won't regret reading it!! To Buy click here!!


DISCLAIMER: I received the above product in exchanged for my honest opinions!

1 comment:

  1. I found it interesting that a man could describe a woman's feelings so well also! A good book ;)

    ReplyDelete